Re: Changing date with procmail

Michael A. Peters wrote:
Anyone know of a procmail recipe to change the date on incoming
messages?

If the date is in the future by more than 24 hours - I'd like to just
change it to the current date.

If the date is in the past by more than two weeks - I'd like to just
change it to the current date.

I'd like to do it in procmail - if someone knows how.
I've done some searching, still have some to do.

Found some stuff on extracting the date, but not on modifying it if
necessary.

It seems to me that's a bit like altering the date on a cheque or old-fashioned paper missive.

You could always add your own X-Received-At: header and use that, but I'd leave the original date alone.

What say I say I wrote this letter at Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:03:27 +0800, and you've tampered with the date in your copy, perhaps because it was delayed a week (it happens)?

The Received: headers give you a time trail. Leave Date: alone.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait