Re: FC4 up2date fatal RPM install error

Tim wrote:
On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 19:51 -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:

I believe you have to run createrepo every time your local rpm storage
directory is updated with rpms. You do not need to do this for
up2date.

I've never had to use any createrepo command any time I'd added new
RPMs, via any method (up2date/yum/rpm command).

I'm sure that if you mirror the repository then you don't need to run createrepo.

If you add files to a master (ie not a mirror) repo, then you need to update the metadata. RH and/or does it for the official Fedora repositories: those who mirror the lot don't need to, but I prefer to mirror with rsync excluding the metadata, and then build the metadata myself.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait