Re: Revised Fedora Core website - Where are the links?

On Tuesday 27 December 2005 21:00, Patrick Barnes wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >Great. How many current and prospective Fedora fans does that
>> > reach?
>>
>> An educated guess, based on 71 years of observing, would be maybe
>> 0.00003% of zip.  Get real, if you want folks to know about
>> something, then by damn post it to the list thats got the
>> circulation, not to some list where the main point is to invent a
>> new buzzword_du_jour. Geez, the marketing numbskulls we have to put
>> up with, boggles the mind...
>
>If you two are going to troll, do it elsewhere.

I had no intention of being a 'troll' as you call it. I was calling
attention to the apparent lack of publicity however.

>We aren't out to create a list that every user on the planet is meant
> to sign up for and use.  It, like most of the other Fedora lists, is
> primarily for relevant developer discussion.  People who are
> motivated enough to provide feedback can find the list the same way
> as all of the other lists are found, and signing up for the list is
> not a big request.  If it were, so many people wouldn't already to
> it.  As far as notifying users of the changes, yes, we needed to do
> more, and we've taken further steps now.  Some of the people who
> maintain the sites, such as myself, do watch for user feedback on
> this list and in other places.  It isn't hard to reach us.
>
>As far as bashing the Marketing team, that is completely unwarranted.
>It is a small team of volunteers who are chasing developments to get
>things done.  If you think you can make a positive contribution,
> you're welcome to join.  If you think that the efforts of our team
> members are unsatisfactory, I'm sorry you feel that way, but being
> insulting and doing nothing isn't going to accomplish anything.

Well, we did get a response, and a positive one at that. As for the
implied insult, I wasn't trying to be personal about it Patrick.  My
aplogies if you took it that way.  What I was pointing out was the
inconguity of publishing the info on a list with what, 50 subscribers?