Re: DNS Problem on FC4

It works.
Thank you  Craig

2005/12/26, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 23:33 +0100, heithem abbes wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I am trying to install DNS server on my machine with Fedora Core 4
>
> I have tried a very simple example but I didn't succeed.
>
> Each time, I restart the named server, I got this error:
>
> Can you help me.
>
> Thanks
>
> [root@localhost ~]# service named restart
>
> Arrét de named : [Echec]
>
> Démarrage de named :
>
> Error in named configuration:
>
> zone utic.rnu.tn/IN: loading master file utic.rnu.tn.zone: file not
> found
>
> _default/utic.rnu.tn/IN: file not found
>
> [root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/named.conf
>
> options {
>
> directory "/var/named";
>
> };
>
> zone " utic.rnu.tn" {
>
> type master;
>
> file "utic.rnu.tn.zone";
>
> };
>
> [root@localhost ~]# cat /var/named/utic.rnu.tn.zone
>
> $TTL 86400
>
> @ IN SOA master.utic.rnu.tn. root.dns.utic.rnu.tn. (
>
> 2003050102
>
> 86400
>
> 300
>
> 2592000
>
> 86400)
>
> utic.rnu.tn. IN NS ns0
>
> utic.rnu.tn. IN NS ns1
>
> ordi1 IN A MailScanner warning: numerical links are often
> malicious:12.42.112.201
>
> ordi2 IN A MailScanner warning: numerical links are often
> malicious: 12.42.112.202
>
> ordi3 IN A MailScanner warning: numerical links are often
> malicious:12.42.112.203
>
> ns0 IN A MailScanner warning: numerical links are often
> malicious:12.42.102.188
>
> ns1 IN A MailScanner warning: numerical links are often
> malicious:42.128.241.12
>
> www IN CNAME ordi1
>
> mailhost IN CNAME ordi1
>
> ftp IN CNAME ordi2
>
> irc IN CNAME ordi3
>
> utic.rnu.tn. IN MX 10 ordi1
>
> utic.rnu.tn. IN MX 20 ordi2
>
> utic.rnu.tn. IN MX 30 ordi3
----
cat /etc/sysconfig/named

FC-4 would generally chroot named/bind in /var/named/chroot and have
symbolic links to /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf and zones
in /var/named/chroot/var/named.

also, you would need to change the ownership of the zone files...

chown named:named [chroot]/var/named/utic.rnu.tn.zone

Craig