Re: How To Setup Local Printer With Standard Tcp/Ip Port In Linux?

Hello,

Thank you very much for replying to my post.

I ran the Printer Configuration Tool and followed the wizard to the Queue Type Dialog. Then enter the followings.
Queue Type: Networked CUPS (IPP)
Server: 192.168.1.1 (The router IP)
After OK/Apply clicks, I try to print a test page. But, it doesn't work.

Anything goes wrong?

At 00:28 26/12/2005, you wrote:

On Sunday 25 December 2005 09:16, Ciba LO wrote:
> have setup a local printer, of which it is connected to a router's
> printer port, with standard tcp/ip port running under WindowsXP for
> network printing.

   Very simple to do. By the way, in linux this is considered a network
printer not local. local in linux usually means connected with
usb/serial/parallel directly to the computer.

   In KDE - simply click K menu -> Control Center -> Peripherals -> Priners

   Click Add Printer/Class

   Follow the wizard (click next) and choose Network Printer (TCP) (or
possibly Network Printer w IPP if you printer offers IPP support).

    The wizrd will guide you - have the IP address of the printer handy.

good luck

Best Regards,
Ciba LO<cibalo@xxxxxxxxx>