Re: multimedia program

On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 10:55 -0800, Nathan Low wrote:
> Can Cyberlink PowerDVD 4.0 that's a windows program be compatible with
> Fedora core 4 if I buy the Crossover Office Standard 5.0?

If you just want to play DVDs, install FC4 then add the Livna repository
to yum:

http://rpm.livna.org/configuration.html

Then do this:

yum install xine libdvdcss xmms\* gstreamer-plugins-mp3

You will then be able to play DVDs using Xine. That command will also
MP3-enable your other media players.

To play many other media formats, including some that are available only
on Windows, you will have to install the Windows DLLs:

ftp://ftp5.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/releases/codecs/

Get the "all" tarball and extract all files into /usr/lib/win32
After than Xine will be able to play pretty much any media format in the
world.

To integrate Xine with Firefox, so as to play media files embedded into
Web pages, use the MediaPlayerConnectivity extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=446&application=firefox

Install the extension after you install Xine.

If you follow the instructions above you will be able to play any
multimedia file, URL or disk on Fedora.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/