Re: need help

----- Original Message ----- From: Manoj Reddy Palle
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 9:06 PM
Subject: need help
hi

i need urgent help. i got 28GB(divided into two drives) dedicated to windows XP and 10GB to fedora core linux. the problem is i want to remove fedora core linux. but i am unable to do it. i tried everyway to remove it. but i am unable to do it. i want to add that 10GB to my windows XP(i have some important info. to be dumped into XP). please reply me how to format linux from my system and add it to my windows XP. its very urgent

thanks & regards
Manoj Reddy.Palle

Manjo:
If you are booting using grub off of your MBR beware that removing the Fedora /boot partition will cause your system to not boot and you will need to use your windows XP install disk to boot into Rescue mode and fix the MBR. Off hand I cannot remember the exact command to redo / fix the MBR.

To get rid of the Fedora partitions just boot into windows and delete the Fedora partitions then repartition and reformat the free space how you would like.

Dave