Re: FC4- Biopython

Tony Nelson <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 4:51 PM -0800 12/22/05, Hoffmann wrote:
>By the way, is there any (yum) repository that provides Biopython (Python
>tools for computational molecular biology)? Or all I can do is to download
>it from its original website?

Note that I don't use Biopython. I don't know of a repo with biopython and
dependencies.

FWIW, googling on "biopython rpm" turns up FC3 RPMs at rpm.pbone.net. I
don't know about their quality; that is, whether they have Biopython's
dependencies listed properly.

Also, since Biopython uses distutils, you could probably make your own RPM
from the source tarball by issuing the command "python setup.py bdist_rpm"
in the source directory that setup.py is in. At least, I do that to makeRPMs for my own project. That would be a way to at least get the
installation into the RPM database.