Google refusing Mozilla click on "next" button

Lately, I've been getting a response from Google when doing
searches. I get a 403 error, with this information...
Google
 Error

    We're sorry...

... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

What's interesting is that I can click on any of the other
"number" links at the bottom, and go to other pages where
I have already been, and I can click on "reload", so I know
I'm not just reading cache, and I see the activity light
on my ADSL modem flash. But if I try to go on to a page
where I haven't been yet, then I get the 403 error.

So, I wonder just what is happening?

Here is an example, which I'm experiencing right now...

Search string:

+schematic +simple +wireless +data +link -ghz -module -optical -bluetooth +rf -infrared

Currently on page 10.

Can't click on "next" or on page 11, 12, 13 without getting the
error.

The actual URL for the page I can reload is

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bschematic+%2Bsimple+%2Bwireless+%2Bdata+%2Blink+-ghz+-module+-optical+-bluetooth+%2Brf+-infrared&hl=en&lr=&start=90&sa=N

I can also go back to pages 1, 2, and 6 with no problem (didn't
try others).

So I don't think I have an "infection".

I believe I'm running Mozilla 1.7.10, certainly with FC2.
I was using the guidescope proxy, but I reconfigured
Mozilla to use a direct connection, and got the same
symptoms.

Can anyone shed any light? I wasn't even aware Google
had any such "protection" built in.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.