Re: Help uninstalling extra languages from Open Office

Mike McCarty wrote:
yonas abraham wrote:

Mike McCarty wrote:

I have Open Office installed on my machine FC2. At the time I did
the install, either I missed the ability to specify what to install
or it wasn't presented. In either case, I wound up with a nearly
1GB directory tree. I would like to shrink this if possible.
In particular, I don't speak or use most of the languages in the
language pack. I might find Spanish and German useful, but not
any of the rest. I've used man, info, and Google, but haven't had
any success at finding out how to *remove* the language pack,
or portions thereof. Reading the OO FAQ hasn't helped, either.

Would anyone direct me where to do a more successful search for this
information, please?

Mike

try

yum remove openoffice-i18n

$ yum provides openoffice-i18n
Looking in available packages for a providing package
No packages found
Looking in installed packages for a providing package
No packages found

Thanks for the reply, but this doesn't seem to be it.

But I was able to find

$ yum provdies "openoffice*"

to give some stuff for openoffice.org-i18n, so perhaps that's it.

Even better is, how would I find out which package to remove?
I don't want to have to bother the list just to find out such
information.

Mike

Possibly much easier with yumex. Just check the language packs you don't want, then click remove.

HTH,
Mike

--

As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error. - Weisert
  15:30:01 up 13:54,  6 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.14, 0.09

 Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org