Re: SeLinux and NFS

(top-posting re-ordered)

redhatdude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Dec 20, 2005, at 9:45 AM, Paul Howarth wrote:

redhatdude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
How can I allow NFS to access folders without selinux denying access to them? I can allow this by disabling selinux for nsfd, but this is not what I want. I want to modify the policy on the folder so it allows nfsd access to it.

Try "man nfs_selinux" for some hints.

> Nothing about the issue. Just three hints: one for having home
> directories in an external nfs share, one for allowing nfs read only
> policy and last one on how to allow read and write for nfs shares.
> No help in man nfs_selinux

What is it you are actually wanting to do? The way I read your original message, I'd have thought that the booleans for being able to export filesystems using NFS as either read-only or read-write was what you wanted, albeit system-wide rather than limited to specific directories.

Paul.