Re: Is Redhat/Fedora Losing Interest in KDE?

Rex Dieter wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote:

Rex Dieter wrote:

Mike McCarty wrote:

I do find that the KDE menu
is less well thought out than GNOME, making it harder to find things
when I need them.

FYI, in theory the menus should be approximately the same, but redhat chose to make kde's different (I think it's related to a past bug, but I don't believe it's relavent anymore).

But the machine I use KDE on is a Debian machine.

So, you're comparing *debian's* KDE menu, to *redHat*'s gnome menu, and saying the former is less well thought out. OK, got it.

OTOH I (and others) took a look at RHL8, complained bitterly and stayed on RHL 7.3.

If KDE and Gnome look alike, and they did, then it's harder to choose between them.

If KDE looks so very different from KDE in other environments (and it did), it's harder to move _to_ Red Hat-based products. I'm using KDE on RH now: the first thing I do is customise it to somewhat standard KDE.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait