Re: service COMMAND how to reinstall ??

Wong Chin Whei NCS wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering the command that we use to see services ..

e.g. service httpd restart
e.g. service --status-all

which GNU package does it comes from ?
how do i reinstall this thing

Regards
Danny Wong

Do these steps on your computer. I provide my output as an example.

1) First, find out where 'service' is at.
       [root@netserv etc]# whereis service
       service: /sbin/service
2) Next we query the rpm database for the package that provided it.
       [root@netserv etc]# rpm -q --whatprovides /sbin/service
       initscripts-8.11.1-1
3) Now you should be able to download the initscripts package, and reinstall it (try an upgrade, and if that won't work, do an install with the --force option)

I did steps 1 and 2 so I know they'll work, but I don't give any guarantees about step 3. It should point you in the right direction at least.

Hope I helped,
Justin Willmert