Re: Is Redhat/Fedora Losing Interest in KDE?

Christofer C. Bell wrote:
On 12/17/05, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Christofer C. Bell wrote:
On 12/17/05, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

FYI, in theory the menus should be approximately the same, but redhat
chose to make kde's different (I think it's related to a past bug, but I
don't believe it's relavent anymore).

Red Hat drew fire from KDE folks back when they chose to change KDE to
make it as "GNOME-like" as possible.

Nice way to spin it.  More accurately: "Red Hat drew fire from both
Gnome and KDE folks by choosing to making them look alike by using a
common Style/Theme called Bluecurve".

a.) There wasn't much fire from the GNOME folks because, frankly, the
GNOME folks had more important things to worry about.

If you didn't see the fire, IMO, you didn't look very hard.

However, in the case of menus (ie, the context of this thread), your
comment is off-the-mark.

b.) It's perfectly in the context of the thread -- the layout of the
menus *is* part of what Red Hat changed.

My point: changed menus != Bluecurve/gnome-like. As a matter of fact, they made the menus in KDE *different* than gnome, which is exactly the opposite of (in your words) "making it (KDE) more GNOME-like"

-- Rex