Re: nfs mounting

Thank you all (who took time and efforts to answer my question.

No James, I just wanted to keep my mail small :-) and instead of writing
192.168.1.10 & 192.168.1.20, I wrote 192.168.1.xx, that's all.

redhatdude, no your suggestion too did not help me.

tony, in fact I have disabled selinux. I don't mind disabling iptables
too and use firestarter.

Now, I get a strange message during shut down.
"RPC: failed to contact portmap (errno:5)"
But, when I restart portmap, nfs daemons (I mean restarting services
only - not system), no error is shown. Only when shutting down I get this.

BTW, if there is any developer in this list, or if (hopefully) some
developer reads this mailing lists, I have a request to make. I am a
convert from Suse Linux (I tried Ubuntu too). But the support FC gives
to our India (Indic languages) or the following it has in our country
seems unparelled and I have considered switching to (trying?) it.
With similar settings, I was able to work by this time in the above too.
Just for the purpose of nfs,ubuntu is the easiest and suse comes next.
But FC, still not working. Sorry, if some one feels wounded or aggrieved
by my comparision.

So far, the only problem I face is networking - I mean, NFS. If our
developers could find out and easy way to export in server-system and to
mount the same in client-system such that it will not be troubled by
selinux/firewall, newbies (precisely non-techies) will be happy.
Hope FC5 addresses my concern.

Thanks to all again.
Regards,
Rajesh