Re: How to check if swap is working?

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

Ok, thanks to Warren and Steve for the tips!

Turns out that my swap failed to work.  I thought that when I
did a mkswap, a label would be used and the fstab would somehow
get correctly set.  I was wrong on both counts. grrr.

I had to hardpath the swap (/dev/hda3) into the fstab and
then run swapon -a command.  I rechecked swap and now I have
something other than "0"

Again, thanks for the tips!
Glad to be of help!

When you ran the mkswap command, there is an option to label it.

mkswap -L dans-swap /dev/hda3

Hope that this helps!
Steve