Re: dBase

Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
Dear List,

I have never had to use a *.dbf file in Fedora before today.  Can anyone
advise me as to a database package that will allow me to open a dbf file
on FC4?

Thanks,

Greg Ennis

There are a variety of perl xbase (dbase) packages available - search cpan.org for xbase.

Here is the description from the first hit:

This module can read and write XBase database files, known as dbf in dBase and FoxPro world. It also reads memo fields from the dbt and fpt files, if needed. An alpha code of reading index support for ndx, ntx, mdx, idx and cdx is available for testing -- see the DBD::Index(3) man page. Module XBase provides simple native interface to XBase files. For DBI compliant database access, see the DBD::XBase and DBI modules and their man pages.

It looked like there were 12 pages worth of packages...

Kent