Re: Something funny about Windows

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 15:33, Mike McCarty wrote:
> I didn't see the words "unix-like shell behavior" in what
> you just quoted, so I didn't respond to those words. I did
> repond to the words I saw used.
>
> I see no reason not to exercise caution in raising expectations
> in people's minds about the behavior of software across multiple
> platforms in unspecified circumstances.

Caution is one thing, but expecting reasonable behavior from
a unix shell is reasonable, given that you could easily
have shell scripts and interactive operations that have
worked unchanged for 25 years across wildly different
machines.  Isn't that why we like unix-like systems and
their bourne-like shells?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx