Re: FC4 CF-based Router

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 21:37 +0800, John Summerfied wrote:
Steven Ringwald wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have created a small FC4-based router installation on a hard-disk. I
> would like to take this installation and burn it to a 256mB compact flash.

CF, or so I'm told, wears out as it has a limited life wrt writing.

Right. That is the normal case. However, I am using a IBM Microdrive at the moment, which doesn't have that problem.
ipcop can be run from CF, and has mods to preseve it. Why not have a
look and see how they do it?

I have, and between them, the Fedora initrd, the Fedora livecd, and Gentoo, I have gotten as far as I have.