Re: Binding ports for NFS

redhatdude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks to all of you who've taken the time to reply.
Unfortunately, I don't have an nfs configuration file inside /etc/sysconfig/
Should I create it? What should I put in it? Just what I'm being told about the ports or something else besides that?
Thanks again,
EJ

# Created 05.07.05 by Tony Molloy
# based on work by Christopher K. Johnson ( dirigo.net )

RPCNFSDCOUNT=32

# ports for statd daemon
STATD_PORT=4000
STATD_OUTGOING_PORT=4004

# ports for lockd daemon
LOCKD_TCPPORT=4001
LOCKD_UDPPORT=4001

# ports for mountd daemon
#MOUNTD_NFS_V2=no
#MOUNTD_NFS_V3=no
MOUNTD_PORT=4002

# ports for rquota daemon
#RQUOTAD=no
RQUOTAD_PORT=4003

You do need to create /etc/sysconfig/nfs since there is not one provided by default. However the Fedora Core init scripts will look for it and use it if provided. The contents should be the comments as you wish, and the variable assignments for fixing ports as was emailed by someone earlier. The init scripts source this file and then use the environment variables set by it.

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021