Re: OT: Gmail and reading this list

Claude Jones wrote:
> So, if that's all clearer, I'm still not sure how I could do what I want to
> do, using the technique you suggest. My bottom line criteria are: I'd like to
> get my list mail delivered to my various PC's via my ISP mail account (no web
> mail); I'd like to be able to selectively turn off the mail from time to time
> from high volume lists, without losing it; I'd like to receive my own posts
> back to me, when I send messages to mail-lists. Gmail meets the first two
> criteria just fine, it's the third that's the problem.

Let's try again.

You should already be collecting mail from both gmail and your business
ISP account.

Can you send *all* outgoing e-mail through your business ISP account?
Including list e-mail?

You can still collect list e-mail through gmail.

By the looks of things, you've already got both your gmail account and
your business account set up to send to the list, with delivery turned
off for your business account.

So list e-mail shouldn't go anywhere near your business ISP inbox.

Does this make sense?

Then Gmail won't see the e-mail until it comes back from the mailing
list, and will forward it to you normally.

James.

--
E-mail address: james |     "Why is it we never meet anyone nice?"
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |     "Why is it we never meet anyone who can shoot