more questions about apache configuration in Fedora Core 4 environment

Hello,

I encounter a httpd.conf configuration problem. We use
RedHat 9.0 with apache 1.3 and mod_perl 1.69 before.
Now we move to Fedora Core 4 and Apache 2.0 with
mod_perl 2.0.

In apache 2.0, Port directive is gone. Only the Listen
directive is used for IP address binding.

We make use of the Port directive in apache 1.3 for
apache server listening to our web service request
from another machine, pass request to our backend soap
deamon, and then soap daemon send web service reply
back through apache server to the web service
application. It works like a charm.

But after moving to apache 2.0, I try hard to make use
of listen directive to listen to our web service
requests, I found that if I set Listen 900, I set
browser's URL to http://localhost:900, the Fedora Test
Page will be brought up. I try to set two Listen
directives, one is Listen 900, another is Listen 9000,
I found that both http://localhost:900 and
http://localhost:9000 will bring up Fedora Test pages.

If I don't add our own perl handler and perl module
into httpd.conf, whenever web services application
send request to apache server, I get the following
error message:

The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

After I add my perl handler and perl module into
httpd.conf like the following:

<Location>
        setHandler perl-script
        perlHandler SOAPApache
</Location>

to handler web services requests, The error messages
web services application side print out is as
followings:

Client found response content type of 'text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1', but expected 'text/xml'.

The request failed with the error message:

<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
 root@localhost and inform them of the time the error
occurred,
and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.</p>
in the server error log.</p>
<hr>

<address>Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) Server at
192.168.20.221 Port 900</address>

It looks like that Apache server can only handle
"text/html" content type  request, but not "text/xml"
content type request anymore.

My question is how to set Listen directive to make
apache server listen to "text/xml" type of content?

jing