Open Source Point-of-Sale program?

Hello!
I am from Bulgaria, and I am not sure if I can describe in English
exactly what I need, but I will try.

I am working in a photographic studio. Except that we make all kind of
pictures, we sell films, cameras, bags, etc. (it is a small business)

I need to find a program:

1. that can keep track of the prices of all the stock in the shop and
the amounts on hand (the availability of each article) - stock and
inventory menagement;
2. that supports barcode readers;
3. that can print invoices;
4. and make various reports at the end of the month (incl. financial)
5. is customizable. (so we can use it to make the monthly reports to the
taxation authorities and our accountant)

The machine on which I will install that program is from the past
century :(. In order to install Fedora I will add a CD ROM device, but
other hardware upgrades are not planned.
Currently it runs M$ Windows 98 SE and a closed source and payed
bulgarian program with which my boss is very dissatisfied. Paying a
programmer to write such a program especially for us is too expensive
and currently impossible. So it will be not so hard to convince him in
the advantages of the open source. He will be especially happy if we can
modify and customize this program.

Googleing I found references to SQL-Ledger, Aria, Tina POS, but I will
be happy to hear some advice, especially from those of you that use such
software.

Many thanks and best wishes!!!
--
Peter Kostov, webdesigner, photographer