Re: Printer duplexing

William Case wrote:
Hi David;

I followed your advice

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 16:12 +1000, david walcroft wrote:

William Case wrote:

I have a HP psc 1315 printer.  I want duplex print some long documents.
The printer doesn't have duplexing capabilities so I would like to print
first odd pages then re-print using even pages.  That should be simple
enough.  But how do I do it.

Can someone recommend something?

Regards Bill

Bill,
   I use a HP PSC-2110 and in this url I can change to duplex printing

" http://localhost:631/admin/?op=config-printer&printer_name=PSC-2110 "

or start at " http://localhost:631/ " and see what your sys does.

  david

I went to the CUPS setup page for my printer and was given no duplex
option.  However, OOoffice uses CUPS and will duplex.  If you see my
subsequent post, you will see I am (also) having problems just getting
gedit to print (duplex or no).

I have carefully gone through gedit preferences and gconf.  There does
not seem to be anything to change.  The printer is listed correctly etc.
Gedit does, in fact, give me the duplex option which I suspect it
wouldn't if it wasn't available, but nonetheless nothing prints.

I hate to say this but I feel like I am operating in a WindowsXP
environment where "daddy knows best" and I am given no configuration or
tweaking room.

Frustratingly, I don't know where to start.

Regards Bill

Do you have 'HPLIP' in your system to run the HP PSC1315,if not try it as its the default print programme for HP in fedora

  david