No eth0 with Kernel 2.6.14 -

I updated Kernel 2.6.12-1.1447_FC4 to 2.6.14-1.1644_FC4 which seems to be an improvement. I
               notice that "sensors" works for the first time since
               RH9  but  during boot it fails to find eth0 and as a
               consequence Firestarter crashes and leaves me with no
               firewall. Normally  eth0 is used to connect to another
               computer while the internet connection is via a dial up
               modem, the only service available in this rural area.

               Things still work normally with the 2.6.12 Kernel I am
               using now.

               Any suggestion on where to look for the ethernet problem
               is appreciated.

               Bob Goodwin