FC4 - What about the icons?

 Hello,

I realized that for some of the programs I have installed (they are not present in yum, etc.), I have icon files. How can I make those icons appear in the desktop? The other question is: how can they be set to work. I mean, after clincking on the icon the program is automatically louched?
Thanks!
Hoffmann

Yahoo! Shopping