Unable to run administrative applications from Xnest

Hi,
This is a little weird. I am unable to run administrative applications from Xnest. What I do is ssh -X user@linuxbox and once there I launch Xnest :2 -geometry 800x600 -query localhost I can't do anything that requires me to enter my root password. The applications won't start after I click ok. I then logged in as root and did the same thing in KDE within the user root environment. Same thing. Administrative applications won't start. If I vnc into the machine everything works as expected. If I forward X and instead of launching Xnest I launch startkde then everything works as expected. It's only when I'm in Xnest that this happens.
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Ellier