Re: mail server

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 15:45, David Cary Hart wrote:

> > Sendmail takes a 1-line change to the stock sendmail.mc file provided
> > with fedora to make it do what most places would need.   If you are
> > going to add virus and spam filtering, only sendmail provides the
> > milter interface to run the scan during the smtp conversation and under
> > a non-privileged id.
> >
> That's incorrect. Postfix does that as postfix.

Doesn't postfix have write access to your mail queue? The milter I run
under sendmail has it's own workspace but can't write anywhere else
including the mail queue.  By non-privileged, I didn't just mean
non-root, I meant a different id than used for anything else.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx