Re: mail server

Frank Elsner wrote:
If you have never configured sendmail you are not a sys admin.
If you have configured twice you are an idiot.

I fall into this category, after working with sendmail a bit I turned to Postfix as my email server of choice. As others have said though, this is generally a personal preference choice, so you will get a wide range of opinions on which one to use.

With that said, I like Postfix for its well documented config files, active mailing list and the numerous how-tos scattered about the web for getting bits and pieces to work together (including the web mail piece the original poster mentions in this thread).

I would certainly give Postfix a look before making your final decision.

-J