From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Manish Kathuria
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:36 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Sendmail

Chris Norman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have fetchmail nicely grabbing my e-mails from an NTLWorld pop
account.

> Is there any way to have sendmail sending my replies and forwards out,

> so I can use mail to send/receive all my e-mail?
>

> Cheers,

You can use sendmail to send all your email. However you can use it for
receiving email directly only when you have the MX for your domain
pointing to the host running sendmail. For outgoing mail, the default
configuration with FC4 can work with little modifications. If you want
to deliver all the mails to your ISP's SMTP server for further relaying,

just define that SMTP server as SMART HOST in your sendmail's
cofiguration (/etc/mail/sendmail.mc --> /etc/sendmail/sendmail.cf). You
also have the option of directly delivering mails to other domains
through sendmail though some domains may not accept it depending upon
their configuration and policies and your IP address.

For forwarding the mails, you can use the .forward file in your home
directory but mails will be delivered outside only if sendmail (or some
other MTA) is running.

--
Manish