Re: sendmail.mc masquerading

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am Mo, den 12.12.2005 schrieb Guido Leisker um 20:26:

Please do not hijack other list threads.

My problem is, that the most recipient (-mailservers) dont accept my mails.
I think the problem is, that for example:
expanded from: <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
is.

sendmail does not remove the host.
But host.domain.de is not reacheable from the internet. (And I have read, that it should be)
domain.de would be reachable.
Now I'd like to tell sendmail to masquerade this.

here is my sendmail.mc:
http://guido-leisker.dyndns.org/images/unsort/sendmail.mc.txt

does anyone find a failure? I dont :(

MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(host.guido-leisker.de)dnl

is missing, if host != erwin. If you are mailing (test mailing) as root,
then Sendmail will not masquerade, as root is an exposed user.
Instead or even additional to masquerading you can set

define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `guido-leisker.de')dnl

guido

Alexander

I did hijack other list threads?
erwin is the hostname!

define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `guido-leisker.de')dnl
did not solve the problem.

May there be problems because my domain is guido-leisker.de and my mail -recipient is <...>@guido-leisker.de (hostet by a firm)?

in mail-queue there are later mails like this:
The original message was received at Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:14:17 +0100
from guido-leisker.de [127.0.0.1]
with id jBCLEHsb004594

root.erwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 User unknown)
    (expanded from: <root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)

550 5.1.1 root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx User unknown
550 5.1.1 lists.gl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx User unknown
550 5.1.1 root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx User unknown

root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lists.gl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
are existing mail accounts, hosted by the provider.
Seems that sendmail still thinks that that are local addresses?
Is there a loop?

@Alexander:
Thanks for your hints in fedora-users-de, but now i want to use sendmail without external smtp. This does not accept foreign "FROM"s.