Re: rootkit?

On Sunday 11 December 2005 21:19, Scot L. Harris wrote:
>On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 21:12, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >
>> >Sure, converted all Microsoft systems to Linux some time ago,
>> > including my laptops.  :)
>>
>> Uh huh, and this was a linux system that got kitted.  Sitting on
>> the next port of a 100baset switch being fed by the router.

And my fingers didn't keep up with my mind above, I intended to say it
was sitting on the next port of the switch, beside 2 other winduhs
boxes.  The wifey uses windows in her teaching too and the son has a
laptop in his room too.

>Well he was asking about the sober virus that is suppose to hit out
>there again January 5th.  As far as I know that virus targets Windows
>systems only.  :)

Yeah, the 5th should be interesting, if only from the screaming of all
the oxes that get gored that day.  From people who have this attitude
that 'my box is safe, its never been bothered before has it?'

--
Cheers, Gene
People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should use this