Re: My first GTK program

From: Jarkko Elfving wrote:

Tony Nelson wrote:

At 6:58 PM +0200 12/9/05, Jarkko Elfving wrote:

Also I'm trying to finding some useful commands to build a system wide
program with functions like getenv() and system().

I don't understand the question.  You already have getenv() and system()
with your C library, right?  (They are in Python, as well.)

I meant, what other system based functions there is in C? My programming
skills are little bit more than basics. I've heard that I can access to
the OS with functions getenv and system. What other same kind of
functions there is, or does those two functions open the whole "world"
of the OS?

I suppose it depends what you mean by system based.

$ info libc

Also note that, while getnv and system are in C, what actually happens
is quite system dependent.  It really depends what you want to achieve.

What else I should to noticed before I start this kind of project?

wxWidgets?  QT?  I don't know them yet, but they might be a better choice.
(Though, any of wxWidgets, QT, and GTK can be used on various OSs.  I have
my Python GTK app running on MSWindows as well as FC3 Linux.)

There is also XUL, but if anyone figures out a simple way to create
XPCOM services I'd love to hear about it...

--
imalone