Re: Gui for configuring NTP

--On Friday, December 09, 2005 7:31 PM -0500 "Scot L. Harris" <webid@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why would you need to open these ports to have your system update it's
time using NTP?  My systems seem to get NTP updates just fine sitting
behind a firewall that does not have these ports opened.

NTP is peer-to-peer, so I don't think you can depend on connection state to keep the inbound ports open.