kghostview oddity

I have about a 50 page postscript file.  I am viewing it by kghostview.  I find that unless I scroll through the thumbnails on the left that when I try to view past about page 7 or 8 the viewer won't allow me to look at the pages.  It's as if the file were truncated to that length.  If I scroll through all the thumbnails (boring) I can then view any page.  Has anyone else encountered this?  The postscript file was processed from TeX using latex and dvips.  It does contain lots of eps figures but I'm not sure that bears on the current situation.

/Bob Cahn
Gipsy Trail Club
Carmel, NY 10512