Re: basic operations

on 12/02/2005 01:33 PM Phet Whore Meyer wrote:
To whom it may concern,

Ive recently left the dark and moved into linux, i just have this one query for now:
congratulations! Welcome to the club.

In windows all programs were installed into a folder called 'Program Files', in linux, where is that equivelant folder? What is it called?

I know that this question is fairly trivial, is there anywhere else i can go to find out basic information such as this?
specificly this information can be found if you type "man hier" in command prompt (I assume you are familiar with command line interface already)

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta