Re: producing a PS file from TeX (Marc Schwartz)

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, William John Murray wrote:

Robert Cahn wrote:
I'm trying to use dvips to produce a ps file.  On Fedora dvips seems only to
send the output to lpr.  Is there a way of taking file.tex (which includes
.eps figures) and producing file.ps?

/Bob Cahn
Gipsy Trail Club
Carmel, NY

You need to specify the Output file explicitly:

  dvips TeXFileName -o OutputFileName.ps

See 'man dvips' for more information.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz

 Hi guys,
      man dvips is not helpful in telling you where the config file is.
/usr/share/texmf/pdvips/config/config.ps is the name, a rather odd one
to my mind. Anyway, edit that, and comment out the pipe to printer. This
is a very counter-intuitive (and potentially expensive) default.
  Could it be changed for FC5?
   Bill

Individual users can set these defaults for themselves using the texconfig(1) CLI utility. Individual user settings are kept in ~/.texmf-config.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu