Re: gcc questions

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 10:46:08PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> That IS rather what I am trying to do, however, as my purpose is to
> concentrate on learning the C language for school work and not for
> building nightly KDE's (yet!) I'm going to stick with the simple gcc.
> I spent a few hours reading up on make and other things today and I
> see that I am moving further away from my goal (to learn C).

After you get to a certain complexity in your C programs, you'll find that
knowing some of the basics of make (or equivalent) will save you time and
make it easier to concentrate on C, rather than fussing around with file and
dependency management. That's why it was invented, in fact. :)

> Wow, those wimps using Turbo C on winboxs have no ideas what they're
> missing!

:)

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx          <http://mattdm.org/>