S200 printer problem

I have a Canon S200 printer attached to my dual-boot XP/FC4 machine.
Unfortunately, it refuses to print anything from Linux despite the
system knowing that it is there - although it will print from XP (so the
connections must be working properly).

When I try to print a test page I get

lpr: error - unable to print file: server-error-service unavailable

from an error box.

I have tried to delete the printer and re-enter, buy always get the same
error. Any ideas, please?