Re: Multiple logins on same ID

On Fri, November 25, 2005 8:12 am, Saurabh Jain (स�रभ ��न)
said:
> Hi All
>
> I run a diskless cluster where all clients boot from the same Fedora
> installation. Is it safe to let multiple people login with the same
> ID, and use Gnome and OO? They will be sharing the same user home
> directory.

If they're sharing the same home directory some applications may be
reluctant to run multiple instances for the same user.

> Also, is there a way to disable users from changing their Gnome and
> other preferences? Most of my users are school children, using the
> same login on multiple computers. When one kid changes the desktop
> background on one terminal, the next time round, everyone's desktop
> background changes. I want to prohibit such changes.

Making the directory with the GNome settings ro might make some
difference... Not sure... just a suggestion.
> Thanks and regards,
> Saurabh
>
> --

*Trevor "TeC" Christian*