Re: A karaoke software question: is it available under FC4?

On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 08:07 -0800, oldman wrote:
> Strong wrote:
>
> >A karaoke software is wanted.
> >Is it possible to sing in karaoke under FC?!
> >Thank You.
> >

>     Mplayer has all that is needed to play karaoke, you just need
> to supply the disks (and the voice).  It is available in Livna.org or
> freshrpm.org's repositories.

I run a mobile DJ and Karaoke service with a partner and am *extremely*
interested in this topic. The MPlayer site is currently not responding
for me at all. We are in the process of going totally digital and the
ability to play Karaoke formats (<Audio>+G, etc.) would allow us to
quickly re-engineer our systems with Fedora instead of Windows. I'm the
person custom building these systems, so the buck will stop here in
terms of configuration.

I would strongly prefer to use Fedora because I would have much better
control with respect to stability and security for our DJs. We need to
be able to rip our current CD+G collection and play it back. We're about
to spend significant $$$ on Windows software for this. Have a look at
Tricerasoft's Swift Elite (http://www.tricerasoft.com) as a reference. I
have asked them for a Linux version and they have always replied with
the standard, "We're looking at it as a future possibility." drivel that
never happens (at least not in the last 2 years). If Fedora can provide
a base for something better - $$$ or not - I would absolutely love to
know about it right away.

Cheers,

Chris

--