Re: WIne an Internet Explorer on FC4 - please help

Am Mittwoch, den 23.11.2005, 11:07 +0200 schrieb Ian Brown:
> Hello,
> I made several attempts for installing IE6 with FC4, and non
> succeeded. (some of them were using "winetools").
>
> I don't care using some older version of Wine if I know it will work.
> I prefer that the wine installation will be from RPM, but I don't mind also
> to build it.
>
> I also don't mind that the IE6 will not support advanced features
> (like FLASH plugin,and other plugins).
>
> Did anybody succeed in this ?

Yes, me for example. I've posted detailed instructions on October 13th
on this list. See
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-October/msg01929.html
Don't do the optional steps, the old wine version is more stable.

> IB

Christoph

P.S.: Don't install the flash-plugin, otherwise ie will be flickering
whenever there's a flash animation on the page.