Re: Announcing Fedora Core 5 Test1

kurt Werner wrote:
> I'm totally new to this forum.
>
> Maybe this is why I can not run the fedora core 4.0 x86-64 boot disk?
>
> I have a dual Xeon with EM64T and I'm currently running Win-XPro and have
> loaded Win64 as well, but I want to load up Linux so as to utilize my 4 gig
> of ram or else I'll stay with windows :-(

Unlikely. Warren was talking about the new FC5 Test 1.

These test releases (especially Test 1) include *really* cutting edge
code, that has hardly had any time to settle down.

Sounds like you've got a nice system there. Why don't you tell us
exactly what happened?

If the disc won't boot at all, look at it in Windows and check that
there are a number of directories in it. If not, you've probably burnt
it wrong.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | ... and watched Richard Stallman ask one of the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | waiting staff whether the spring rolls did indeed