Re: command to invoke bittorrent?

Zubin Bharucha wrote:

THUFIR HAWAT wrote:

..

I have a wi-fi connection to a router, which connects to a cable
modem.  I need to RTFM with regard to ports, IIRC, which, somehow, I
keep procastinating on.

-Thufir

I think BT uses ports 6881 through 6889 by default. On your router, open up any port in that range and specify it to be UDP.
-Zubin

Some ISPS have started blocking the default BT ports. And some torrents won't connect if you use the defaults. I'd suggest using some random high numbered ports. Use --minport, --maxport to set a range of ports.

Regards,

John