Re: .zip,.exe attachments and spam assassin

Michael A. Peters wrote:
> 1) I don't want to reject them, the fm header is usually forged - so
> rejecting just sends them to someone else who more than likely did not
> send it to me.
>
> 2) My postfix is only allowed to talk on my lan - I use fetchmail to pop
> my accounts (which processes them with spamassassin), procmail to filter
> them into my mailboxes (which is then served via imap to my clients).
> postfix is used for some stuff, but only on the lan - it can't send to
> outside world. To get to outside world, I use my mail account providers
> smtp server.

If you want to use postfix (or another MTA) to reject incoming mail that
comes via fetchmail, check out Fetchmail's antispam option.
http://www.catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/fetchmail-man.html#15

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "[the computer] belonged to our Rabid NT Guy, and we
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | called it Kant partly because we were naming servers