Fedora 4 Install using grub

I've seen notes on the web regarding installing linux directly from a
disk using grub as the loader.  I've done it several times on various
machines and now with Fedora 4 (I have Fedora 3 32, 64 bit installed as
well as a test version of fedora 4 all installed the same way on the
very same computer - Athlon 64 3500+ S939 90nm). Now I
am trying to install fedora 4 , however, the installation hangs in
sata_nv loading.  I never see the menu for language choice...  (iso
files and initrd and vmlinuz have correct checksums).  On other
computers I've tried Fedora 4 installation there was no problem using 32
(i386) distribution.

title Fedora 4 Install
        root (hd0,2)
        kernel /software/fedora/4_core/vmlinuz ramdisk_size=128000
root=/dev/ram3 acpi=ht vga=788
        automatic=method:disk
        initrd /software/fedora/4_core/initrd.img

Where coudl I find explanations for the options given to the kernel?

A possibility is that I need a different sata_nv driver.  How to load
that module from a disk into the kernel?

best regards, dusan