Re: scp and forwarding

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 20:47 -0600, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> List,
>
> It is easy to forward an ssh connection using the following command line
> syntax:
>
> ssh -t gateway.com ssh internal.com
>
> Is there a way to use scp to copy a file through a gateway machine to an
> internal server.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg Ennis

I'm not sure i quite understand the reason for "through a gateway
machine"...
Is it that the internal server cannot get to the internal.com itself?

Either way... i believe the fact that scp can be used to copy from one
remote location to another may be of some help.
scp user host:source user host:destination

You get prompted for two passwords and your set...

Hope this helps...

--
*Trevor "TeC" Christian*

Trevor,

Thanks for the suggestion... I surely did not make myself clear in what I was trying to do.  I would like to copy a file from a remote machine through a gateway having the new file reside on an internal server.

Your syntax worked beautifully to all remote copying of a file on the gateway to an internal server.

To use your syntax here is what I would like to do, but have not been able to make it happen.

scp /usr/local/bin/filename user@gateway user@internal:/usr/local/bin/filename

The part that I obviously do not understand is the syntax for user@gateway.

Greg