Re: FC4 - KVM mouse needing reset

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 12:43 pm, Doug Coats wrote:
> I searched the list after I posted the question and you are right that
> this has been discussed before.  Sorry.
>
> Yes, it is a Belkim switch but I didn't have any trouble with FC1-FC3
> with the same switch so I thought this might be something new.
>
> > This subject has been discussed a lot on this list. One question - is
> > your KVM a Belkin?

NO chastisement intended... I tried every one of the various 'workarounds' for
this over 3-4 months. None are very satisfactory. The lines you can append to
your boot line will disable the wheel. I never got any of the recovery
methods to work, though some reported success. My suggestion is get rid of
the Belkin - get a Trendnet or Iogear - others have been recommended as well
- but, get rid of the Belkin. It will just be a source of aggravation till
you do.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA