Re: ethereal set up problem

On 22/11/05, suman <suman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi ,
> I searched ethereal in my fedora core 4. i used "rpm -q ethereal". First
> time it does not show anything. After that i installed update from
> redhat site
> now it shows
> suman]$ rpm -q ethereal
> ethereal-0.10.13-1.FC4.2
> suman]$ rpm -q ethereal
> ethereal-0.10.13-1.FC4.2
> but when i issue ethereal -h .....nothing is comming it shows bad
> password...please help me how to run ethereal properly.

Are you wanting to run ethereal from the shell or in X?

If you are running it in X then try:
yum install ethereal-gnome
This will install the gnome X version of Ethereal.
Then run it with:
/usr/sbin/ethereal

If you are wanting to running it from the shell then run:
/usr/sbin/tethereal

Hope this helps,
Garry