Re: Serial Attached SCSI ?

Peter,
Does the Sun solution work equally well with FC? as with Solaris 10?

Peter, I am just trying to be the first kid on my block to own one <g>.
I dove in and have purchased a Tyan solution (transport tx-50) chassis/AMD MB combination. I'm getting the Adaptec 4805 SAS adapter and two Maxtor Atlas 10K drives for it.

I was curious if it would work out of the box with FC4 or if it needs the linux kernel patches that I see are being worked on.

Henry

> Has anyone used one of these drives and controllers with Fedora?
I'd love to know if it works. I notice that there are kernel patches for it on vendor sites.

Thanks,

Henry